Thursday, August 21, 2014

Hogan the bedmate

I started letting Hogan sleep with me. Yes, that is against all my better intuition! I'm going to smell like a dog, he's going to make me change my sheets every other day, yada yada yada. Well, last night I woke up at 3:00 to use the bathroom, and Hogan was lying comfortably on the sofa. What? He didn't even look up at me. I guess not; he didn't want me to see the guilt in his eyes. So I put him back in the crate; not to punish him, although I'm sure he felt that's what it was, but to keep him from having run of the house while I'm sleeping. He whined and barked and kept me awake. I fed him at seven and took him out at eight, then back into the crate he went. This time he didn't protest and I fell into a deep sleep until nearly 11:00. I called the machine shop and said I would be there early tomorrow morning. Sheesh!

No comments:

Post a Comment