Friday, August 15, 2014

Bring your dog to work days

Yesterday I went to the office of a man who occasionally brings his dogs to work and didn't mind if I brought mine. Hogan at first just wandered around, sniffing at all the different dog smells, but didn't want to lay down in one of their beds, as he did at my friend's house. So I got his bed out of my car and put it by me as I was working and he was just fine. He did, however, do something he never does at home. Each time I got up to either ask a question to the owner or his assistant, Hogan followed me, and as soon as I got back to the desk where I was working, would follow me back and return to his bed.

I had told them that he never barked unless someone knocked on the door. Well, the owner left to go to lunch and run a few errands, and when he returned, Hogan started barking furiously, which sent the assistant and me into peals of laughter. The owner was amused and said to Hogan, "You forgot me already? You can't bark at me, I own this place!" and to me, "I thought you said he never barks!" His assistant remarked that he barked louder than one of the large dogs that belongs to the owner.

We were there for several hours, so Hogan didn't get his usual daytime naps. When we got home he crawled into his bed and snored for an hour.

Tuesday, I'm going to do an all-day training session in Salisbury for someone I had in a training class a couple of years ago who has hired a new bookkeeper. He asked me what day would work for me, and I said that I had a new dog and would have to coordinate finding someone to watch him before I could give him a day. He said bring him with you! Wow. This is great!

No comments:

Post a Comment